Welcome and congratulations on choosing to join one of Australia top martial arts schools – Premier Martial Arts and Fitness Academy. In joining Premier Martial Arts you have become part of a team whose spirit will propel you and your family on an inspiring martial arts journey.
Premier Academy was first established in Clarkson in August 2009, and then also in Woodvale in October 2020. In this time it has grown into a power-house school recognized throughout the country. All of our Instructors have studied our style of martial arts under me, and have been handpicked on the basis of their expertise, skill and commitment. I have had the privilege of being their instructor since their earliest beginnings – some as young as 5 years – sharing with them my knowledge and years of experience. I have been a full time teacher of martial arts since 1994, as well being involved in world class tournaments and competitions where I have successfully represented Australia in many world events. As a qualified 7th Dan Master Instructor, I am certified by the Kukkiwon (World Taekwondo Headquarters in Korea) to instruct and grade students for qualifications that are recognized worldwide.
Many of my students have also reached high levels of achievement in the competitive aspect of this sport. However, I have always place a greater emphasis on the promotion of the Art and the Philosophy in the Martial Arts. By promoting the Art and not just the competition, students of Premier Martial Arts understand the beauty behind the sport and become disciplined, strong and healthy in mind and body, and in turn gaining confidence and a better understanding of who they are.
What makes Premier Martial Arts stand out from the others is the harmonious interaction between the staff and the students. This is based on the understanding that all people are different, and even though all students train in a group they are all treated as individuals.
I’m very proud of what Premier Martial Arts and Fitness Academy stands for and the positive synergy that is evident whenever students, their families and our instructor’s come together.
Premier Martial Arts is committed in making you the best YOU, that you can be.
Zlatan (Zak) Jovanov
If you would like to discuss something in person with an instructor, it is best to call or email to make an appointment, as we will need to clear time in our busy class schedule to see you. Unfortunately we cannot always drop everything and talk to you on the spot as we usually have a class of eager little martial artists waiting for us! Premier Martial Arts and Fitness operates two full-time, purpose built Academies – one in Clarkson and one in Woodvale.
Phone Number: 08 9408 6305 (leave a message if no answer)
Address: 50 Boranup Avenue, Clarkson
Phone Number: 08 9409 7674 (leave a message if no answer)
Address: 9/923 Whitfords Avenue, Woodvale
The best way to contact the Academy is via email. This way you can clearly outline your query and we are able to respond effectively and efficiently.
KEEP UP TO DATE!
Premier Martial Arts and Fitness Academy has a full calendar of events from gradings to “Junior Discos” to fundraising events to Parent Nights Outs to “Martial Arts Olympics” and more. To keep up with what’s happening, you need to keep an eye on our foyer digital signage, as well as our Facebook and our website.
Latest news, events, timetables, grading forms and a member’s only section. You can also send an email to us via the contact form on our website.
Latest news, events, photos, videos and all of our posters! Get everything you need to know delivered directly to your newsfeed!
ACADEMY CODE OF CONDUCT (OR “HOW TO BE A BLACK BELT STUDENT”)
We consider all students at our Academy to be aspiring “Black Belts”. The first step to achieving a black belt is to learn how to act like one. All students at Premier Martial Arts and Fitness Academy are expected to conduct themselves as a “Black Belt” at all times.
HOW TO BE A BLACK BELT STUDENT
- Black Belts always arrive on time to class. They bow before entering, then go and sit quietly and wait for their class to begin. If they are late, they stand at the side of the class and wait for the instructor’s attention before bowing and asking if they can join the class. If they need to leave the class for any reason, they put their hand up and ask for the instructor’s permission before leaving the training area.
- Black Belts bow a lot!They bow when they enter the matted area and when they leave. They bow before addressing an instructor or another black belt. They bow when introducing themselves to someone they have just met on the training floor.
- Black Belts treat everyone with respect.They address instructors as “Sir” or Maam” or by their Surname – never by their first name when at the Academy.
- Black Belts treat our Academy with respect.They never eat or drink in the training areas, never chew gum while at the school and most definitely never walk on the mats with shoes or dirty feet. Black Belts always leave the training area cleaner and tidier than they found it. They always behave in a polite and respectful way around the Academy.
- Black Belts treat their training seriously.They make sure they are not wearing any jewellery, that their finger and toe nails are closely clipped and that they have no open wounds, especially on their feet or hands. Open wounds must be covered for safety reasons, and if they cannot be covered then you must stay off the mats until they have healed.
- Black Belts take pride in their appearance.They wear the correct uniform, and it is always clean. If their belt comes off during a drill they put it back on at the first opportunity, by facing away from the instructor and quickly re-tying it.
- Black Belts are always prepared for their training.They bring the required Premier Martial Arts sparring gear, and keep their gear together in a bag that is placed at the back of the class in the shelves provided. They never leave their gear lying around where others could trip on it. Black Belts know that if they don’t have the full set of required sparring gear that they will not be able to take part in sparring activities.
- Black Belts exercise control.They do not engage in dangerous or rough play at the Academy or outside. Black Belts do not hurt other students during sparring or self-defense. We are a family Academy, and all members are expected to look after other members whilst training.
- Black Belts set goals, in their martial arts training, and in their life in general. They learn how to make SMART– Small Measurable Achievable Realistic Timely – goals that help them get where they want to be!
- Parents respect the Academyand its surrounds. They refrain from smoking (or vaping) anywhere near the Academy. They park their cars with consideration for other parents and neighbouring businesses.
- Parents never interact with their children during class. They realize that watching a martial arts class is just like observing their child in regular school, and the instructor is the only person in charge. Interrupting or interacting with their child would be disrespectful to the instructor and distracting to all the other students. At no time should parents enter the training area unless asked to by an instructor.
- Parents are quiet during their child’s class. They know that talking is disruptive to the class and to the other parents who are watching quietly. If parents want to socialize, they should go outside until the class is over. Parents are asked to not stand or wait by the door, front counters or anywhere that prevents flow of traffic in the Academy. Considerate parents also keep their future Black Belts and Little Champions under control and quiet during older sibling’s classes. Crying, screaming or rowdy children can be a major distraction to class.
- Parents realize that our Academy is not a day-care centre, so they drop and pick up their children promptly. Parents should not drop students off more than 10 minutes before their class time. They realize that the front desk cannot be and is not responsible for kids left unattended. If a child must unavoidably be left for extra time, parents must always alert the staff and make sure their child knows where to sit quietly and wait.
- Parents know and practice all Academy rules and policies. They follow and enforce these rules with their children. When Mum and Dad follow the school rules and regulations, then their child is more likely to follow their example.
- Parents pay attention to what their children are learning in class and reinforce their positive behaviour at home. They realize that as parents, they are an important part of the school’s team and can help their children improve by working with the instructors and staying informed. All school events are advertised via posters in the waiting area, our Facebook page, email and our website.
- Parents know that their child is an individual who will progress at their own rate. They never compare a child to their sibling or other students. They encourage and support their child’s progress and help them to set and achieve realistic goals. Parents should always remember why their child joined Premier Academy in the first place, not to just to learn to kick and punch, but to improve themselves as people. They should take a moment to see how their child is improving as a whole person, realizing that rank graduation is just a part of the big picture.
- Parents know that if they have a concern about their child’s training, progress or about the school, they should go directly to the instructorand not complain to other parents. Our Parents never start, or participate, in gossip. In fact, they do their best to stop it.
- Parents will always help their children set goalsboth in and out of the Academy. Parents should explain the SMART process of setting and achieving goals (Small Measurable Achievable Realistic Timely). Goal setting will help their child develop perseverance and self-discipline which is necessary to stick to their commitments and achieve great personal success.
Note: Continued, and or serious, breaches of these codes of conduct may result in suspension or expulsion from the Academy.
HOW YOUR MEMBERSHIP WORKS
All memberships are initially for an agreed period (eg 3 months / 6 months / 12 months). When you completed your membership agreement, you essentially agreed to pay off that membership in weekly or fortnightly instalments (unless you have paid your membership up front). Your payment is not for a week or fortnight’s training – it is an instalment on your total membership. These instalments are direct debited from your nominated bank account on the agreed date. During this time you are entitled to all the benefits of your membership. All membership fees have been calculated to take into account public holidays, up to four weeks of personal holidays and the period between Christmas and New Year when the Academy is closed.
Once your initial membership term has been completed, your membership will continue on a month to month basis. After this initial term you may now cancel your membership with 30 days written notice. The 30 days’ notice will commence from the date you have completed and submitted the required cancellation form at either our Clarkson or Woodvale locations.
Premier Academy offers two membership types – Kickstarter and Gold. Regardless of which membership you choose, you must train in the class that is most appropriate to your age and belt level unless you have been given permission by an instructor to train in a different class.
A Kickstarter membership allows you to train twice a week on days that you nominate. We will ask you to nominate two regular training days and one reserve day. If you wish to change your training days then you must advise Reception as soon as possible to make sure there will be space available on your desired days. Unused classes do not rollover or accumulate. If you miss a class you may make up that class the following week on your reserve day. However, during December and January, Kickstarter members may train in unlimited classes on any day they wish. Members on a Kickstarter membership are not able to train in our extra-curricular classes such as Competition Taekwondo or Kickboxing – a Gold membership is required for access to these classes in addition to an invitation from the instructors.
If you have a Gold membership, you can train in as many classes as you like on any day that suits you. A gold membership offers you the flexibility to change your training days “on the fly” as much as you need. You do not need to advise us in advance of any changes to your training days. Members who have a Gold membership can also train in our extra-curricular classes provided they have been invited and meet the necessary criteria.
MEMBERSHIP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All new members at Premier Martial Arts and Fitness Academy read and sign the following when they first join to indicate that they understand our membership terms and conditions.
- I understand my membership is for the term specified above, paid upfront or in regular installments via direct debit, and I am committing to pay this membership in full whether I am attending training or not.
- I understand Kickstarter members may train a maximum of twice per week, and only on their nominated days. Unused lessons do not roll over. However, during December & January Kickstarter members can train in unlimited classes per week.
- I understand the Academy is only closed for public holidays and over Christmas/New Year period, and that my membership fees have been calculated to take this time, plus up to four weeks of personal holidays, into account.
- I understand I am responsible for disclosing all relevant medical issues to Premier Academy in form of a notice from my medical professional.
- I understand I may apply to suspend my membership for up to 6 weeks due to injury or illness by completing the appropriate form at the Academy plus supplying a medical certificate. Only under exceptional circumstances will suspension be granted for other reasons (minimum of 4 weeks), but not during December and January, and school holidays throughout the year.
- I understand grading is held three times a year and a fee applies for each grading. These fees are published on the Academy website.
- I understand that no membership credit is given for cancelled memberships, and no refunds are given for memberships or gear under any circumstances.
- I understand that I may apply to cancel my membership after my minimum commitment term (see above) by giving 30 days’ notice. This must be done by making a cancellation appointment at the Academy and completing the appropriate Cancellation Form. Verbal or email notice will not be accepted. I understand that I may be required to pay for any gear or uniforms I have received if I cancel within 12 months of joining.
- I understand that training in Martial Arts is a potentially dangerous activity and that:
- there is possibility that injuries may occur during your training
- students are responsible for their own safety and the safety of those around them
- students have the right and responsibility to excuse themselves from any exercise they believe will be harmful to them
- Premier Martial Arts and Fitness Academy is not liable for any injuries incurred
- I understand that I must abide by the rules of the Academy, including to wear only Premier-supplied uniforms and sparring gear in all classes:
- All students require boxing gloves within the first month of starting training
- Juniors, Teens and Adults require a full set of sparring gear before grading for their Yellow Belt
- Students wearing non-approved gear or uniforms will not be allowed to take part in classes
- I GIVE / DO NOT GIVE Premier Academy consent to use my image and likeness in its publications, advertising or other media activities (including the Internet). If given, this consent is given in perpetuity and without expectation of compensation or remuneration.
To be able to continue to enjoy the many benefits of your membership at Premier Martial Arts and Fitness Academy your fees must be up to date. If you fall behind in your fees you will not be able to train or to grade. If you need to make arrangements to reschedule a payment or catch up on a missed payment, or change your bank details, then you should contact Premier Academy directly.
If you fall behind in your payments, and have not entered into any arrangement to bring your fees up to date, then Premier Academy may refer your case to a debt collection agency. Once this happens, the collection agency will attempt to recover the entire balance of your membership. Debt collection referrals can also have a very negative impact on your credit rating so it is in your best interests not to let unpaid fees get to this stage.
You have entered into a membership agreement to pay for a certain period of training and are expected to honour that contract. However, once your initial membership term is completed you can cancel your membership with 30 days’ notice. To cancel your membership you will need to come into the Academy to complete a cancellation form. At this time we will advise you of any outstanding amounts that must be paid, and the date on which your membership will expire – you are encourage to keep training up till this date.
There is no credit or refunds given for cancelled memberships. If you cancel your membership during the first 12 months of joining then may also be liable for the cost of any items such as uniforms or sparring gear given to you at the time of signing your membership agreement.
SUSPENSIONS, HOLD TIME AND TRANSFERRING MEMBERSHIP
If a member is unable to train for a period of two to six weeks, then they may request to suspend their membership. Your membership payments will stop for the agreed time, then automatically resume once this time has expired. Suspension is usually only granted for illness or injury, and when accompanied by supporting documentation such as a medical certificate. Only in exceptional circumstances will suspension be granted due to an extended holiday of four weeks or more. Suspension of a membership is not available during the months of December or January as this period has already been taken into account in calculating your membership fees. To suspend your membership a form must be completed, and supporting documentation submitted, as soon as possible at the Academy.
If a member is unable to continue training, then their membership can be transferred to an immediate family member. Their payments will continue as normal until the membership runs out, but the nominated family member will take advantage of the value remaining on their membership. Only memberships that are up to date with payments may be transferred in this way.
If for any reason you have paid for training time in excess of four weeks that has not been used, then you may be granted “hold time” provided this was negotiated at the time of your absence. This “hold time” will be held at the Academy until it is used by the original member or a member of their immediate family.
All memberships at Premier Academy renew automatically until further notice after the initial term. After your initial term has completed you will essentially be on a month to month membership.
If you decide to stop your membership and your training at our Academy you will need to give us 30 days’ notice by completing a form to end your membership. This helps to ensure that your payments stop on the correct date. If you have not filled in and signed the cancellation form, any extra payments made after your agreement are non-refundable and will be added to time owing to you.
Premier Martial Arts and Fitness Academy has two locations – Clarkson that is open seven days a week and Woodvale which is open six days a week – all year round. We only close for Public Holidays, and between Christmas and New Year.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Our opening hours are:
- Monday: 9.00 – 11.00 am and 2.00 – 9.00 pm
- Tuesday: 9.00 – 11.00 am and 2.00 – 9.00 pm
- Wednesday: 9.00 – 11.00 am and 2.00 – 9.00
- Thursday: 9.00 – 11.00 am and 2.00 – 9.00
- Friday: 9.00 – 11.00am and 2.00 – 8.00pm
- Saturday: 7.30am – 1.30pm
- Sunday: closed
- Monday: 2.00 – 9.00 pm
- Tuesday:12.00 – 1.00pm and 2.00 – 9.00pm
- Wednesday: 2.00 – 9.00pm
- Thursday:12.00 – 1.00pm and 2.00 – 9.00pm
- Friday: 2.00 – 8.00pm
- Saturday: 7.30am – 1.30pm
- Sunday: closed
Our Academy offers the most comprehensive timetable for martial training of any school in Australia, with over 200 classes every week across two locations.
HOW MANY CLASSES SHOULD I ATTEND?
All students are required to average two classes per week to be eligible for grading. Only attendance at the age and belt appropriate class counts towards this average. Extra-curricular classes such Competition, Demo or Leadership classes do not count towards this average. All students are required to attend the class that matches their belt level and age, unless directed otherwise by the instructors. Please see our website for the most up to date version of our timetable.
WHY DOES THE TIMETABLE CHANGE?
As you progress through the belt levels your class time will change. Our timetable will also change after each grading (three times per year) to accommodate changing student numbers and belt levels. These changes will only ever be minor and made in the best interests of students. Please check for a new timetable at each grading.
During School Holidays our extra-curricular classes (Demo, Sports Taekwondo, Kickboxing and BJJ/Grappling) take a break, giving students a chance to focus on their normal martial arts classes.
IMPORTANT YEARLY DATES AND TIMES
Please see the calendar on our website and foyer posters for the latest dates and times.
Grading is an important reason why training in the martial arts is such a powerful self-development tool. Premier Martial Arts Academy’s belt system serves as motivation, reward and recognition for your student’s success. There are very few after school activities that provide this level of recognition for your child’s hard work. Grading occurs once every four months for all martial arts programs. Grading is not compulsory, and is not automatic either. It is normal for students to miss a few gradings during their martial arts journey due to illness, injury or perhaps they are just not quite ready for their new level.
Always remember – a black belt is simply a white belt that never gave up!
TIP TESTING AND ATTENDANCE
To be eligible for grading, there are two main criteria students must satisfy. Firstly, students must have been averaging two classes a week since their last grading, as recorded by our attendance system. This makes signing in correctly before your class very important. Students without sufficient attendance will not be able to grade for their next belt or level.
Secondly, students must pass a “tip test” in class in the weeks before grading. The instructor will assess whether or not they have learned the skills and techniques required for the next belt or level. If the student appears ready to grade, then the instructor will award them a red tag on their belts.
GRADING: APPLICATIONS AND COSTS
At least a month before grading a schedule will be published showing the different grading sessions and times. You always attend the grading session that matches the belt you are currently wearing! Make sure you write down the time and date of the grading so you can mark it on the calendar. The grading application process is the same for ALL students, and is outlined below.
The grading fees for Little Champions are $45 for all belt levels up to Brown White Belt. The fees for Brown Belt students grading to Black Belt are $55.
All grading fees must be paid at time of application, and this must be completed online at our website at least one week before grading. You will also need to pay any associated fees online at this time as well.
JUNIORS, TEENS AND ADULTS
The grading fees for each belt level are:
- White, Yellow and Green Belts $55
- Blue to Brown Belts $65
- Probationary Black Belts $75
- Black belts available on application
All grading fees must be paid at time of application, and this must be completed online at our website at least one week before grading. You will also need to pay any associated fees online at this time as well.
A “Make-Up” grading is only granted in extenuating circumstances when a student is unable to make the scheduled grading time and date. These are approved on a case-by-case basis and should not be thought of as a “right”. Due to the inconvenient nature of Make-Up gradings, they are charged at $45 each. For each scheduled grading period there will limited “Make-Up” grading dates and times available. “Make Up” gradings must be applied for in person at Reception to see if the application has been successful. All other grading fees still apply. Black Belts who miss a grading will need to wait until the next Black Belt grading, usually in four months’ time.
Students who are unsuccessful at their first attempt at their scheduled grading may be offered the chance to “Re-Grade” approximately six weeks after their initial attempt. This offer will be subject to the student agreeing to attend regular and extra training sessions to work on their problems areas. If these criteria are not met, then the only option is to wait till the end of the next grading cycle. There is no additional cost for Re-Grading, but it must be completed on the date and time specified. Black Belts who need to regrade will need to wait until the next Black Belt grading, usually in four months’ time.
JUNIOR, TEEN AND ADULT BELT LEVELS
Juniors, Teens and Adults grade every four months providing they have mastered the necessary skills and attended the required amount of training sessions. The belt levels are as follows:
- White Belt
- Yellow Belt
- Yellow Belt Black Stripe
- Green Belt
- Green Belt Black Stripe
- Blue Belt
- Blue Belt Black Stripe
- Purple Belt
- Purple Belt Black Stripe
- Red Belt
- Red Belt Black Stripe
- Brown Belt
- Brown Belt Black Stripe
- Probationary Black Belt
- Probationary Black Belt One Stripe
- Black Belt First Dan, Second Dan and so on
Between each Black Belt Dan there is a minimum number of years between Dans, which is calculated using the formula “Next Dan + 1”. For example, there will be three years between First Dan and Second Dan, four years between Second and Third Dan and so on. There is also a series of level gradings, each which must be passed successfully to move towards the next Dan. Black Belts will who grade successfully at least twice a year will be able to achieve the required number of levels before their next full Dan grading.
LITTLE CHAMPIONS BELT LEVELS
Little Champions also grade every four months providing they have mastered the necessary skills and attended the required amount of training sessions. The belt levels are as follows:
- White Belt
- Yellow Belt
- Orange Belt
- Green Belt
- Blue Belt
- Purple Belt
- Brown White Belt
- Full Brown Belt
- Little Champions Black Belt
Little Champions that graduate to the Junior Martial Arts program as a Blue Belt or higher regarded as a Yellow Belt under the Junior Martial Arts Curriculum. They continue to wear their Little Champions belt in recognition of their effort in training. The first time they grade as a Junior, they will be awarded a Yellow Belt Black Stripe.
Only gear purchased at Premier Martial Arts and Fitness Academy may be used in our Little Champions, Juniors, Teens and Adults martial arts classes. This applies to uniforms and all sparring gear, with the exception of mouth guards and under-the-clothing groin guards.
LOST GEAR OR PERSONAL ITEMS
All students are expected to be responsible for their own gear, which should be clearly labelled with their name and kept in a suitable sports bag when not in use. Any items left behind at the Academy are placed in the “Lost Property” box on each training floor. This box is periodically emptied, so please check immediately when you notice something is missing. Due to the volume of students and gear the Academy can take no responsibility for lost gear or personal items.
Premier Martial Arts and Fitness Academy has two distinctive, stylish and practical uniforms that used at different times during the year. New students are required to purchase a uniform within the first week of beginning training. All students are required to attend all classes in the correct uniform. Please do not turn up to train in clothes that are not the standard uniform as you may be refused entry to the training floor.
All students are required to have a full (martial arts pants and v-neck jacket) black Premier Martial Arts uniform. This uniform can be worn all year round, but is compulsory in Winter (May – October) and at grading.
In summer (November – April) you can wear the optional summer uniform. This consists of Premier MMA board shorts and a Premier singlet or T-Shirt. In summer you may also mix and match your summer and winter uniforms.
Your belt must be worn with your full uniform at all times. Belts are optional when wearing summer uniform. Students must take great care with their belt, which should be labelled with their name to avoid confusion. Lost belts must be replaced at the student’s expense.
Protective sparring gear allows students to practice their techniques in an “alive” fashion through drills and free sparring. Sparring is always controlled and contact is light in normal classes. All sparring gear must be purchased from Premier Academy to ensure that insurance cover is maintained.
The sparring gear requirements for each program are:
- Little Champions– boxing gloves (purchased within the first month of training)
- Juniors, Teens and Adults– boxing gloves (purchased within the first month of training), and a full set of sparring gear before your first grading
A full set of sparring gear for all programs consists of:
- Head guard
- Shin guards and foot guards
- Boxing Gloves
- Optional: Groin Guard for students over the age of 9
Students who do not have Premier Martial Arts branded equipment or do not have the full set of equipment will not be able to take part in sparring drills and activities.
ADDITIONAL SPARRING GEAR FOR COMPETITION PROGRAM MEMBERS
Students involved in the Competition Training will need to purchase additional equipment to use in class and in competition (arms guards, foot guards, gloves, padded jacket, white helmet, white uniform). As the rules for what is allowed in competition are very strict, this gear should ordered through the Academy to ensure it meets the required standard. Payments must accompany all orders.
Premier Martial Arts and Fitness Academy operates several extra-curricular programs in order to allow our students to expand their martial arts journey. These programs are our Competition Team, Leadership Program and our Demo Team.
Our Competition Team trains twice a well during school terms – see our timetable for the current training times. They train to improve their sparring skills in order to compete in a variety of martial arts tournaments, ranging from Olympic Taekwondo to kickboxing to Mixed Martial Arts. Students are welcome to train in this program simply to improve their sparring skills – there is no pressure to compete. However, only student who are training regularly in this program will be eligible to be selected to represent Premier Academy in local, state, national and international tournaments. Students also must have a Gold membership to train in this program.
Students involved in the Competition Training must have their full set of sparring gear to take part in this training. They will also need to purchase additional equipment to use in class and in competition (arms guards, foot guards, gloves, padded jacket, white helmet, white uniform). As the rules for what is allowed in competition are very strict, this gear should ordered through the Academy to ensure it meets the required standard. Payments must accompany all orders.
For more information, ask your instructor or talk to Reception.
Our Leadership Program provides students with the opportunity to develop the skills to needed to become an assistant martial arts instructor. Leadership Program members only need to commit to helping out in one class a week, in addition to their own training. To further develop their skills they also train in a special session on the first Saturday of every month and complete two to three seminars each year. All of Premier Academy’s instructors have graduated from this system.
Junior students must be a 9 years or older, and a Blue Belt or above, to be a member of this program. Teen and Adult students can join the program once they a Yellow Belt Black Stripe or above. For more information, ask your instructor or talk to Reception.
The Demo Team train every Saturday in advanced kicking, board breaking and weapons such as the Bo staff and nunchaku, in order to be able to perform at Academy and community events. Junior, Teen and Adult students who are Blue Belt and above can try out for the Demo Team. To be selected to perform you will need to be committed to attending your regular training as well as Demo Training every Saturday. Team members may also need to purchase their own weapons and Demo Team uniform if they wish to continue. Students also must have a Gold membership to train in this program.