$19.95 Beginner Program
PILATES CLASSES PERTH
Premier Fitness Academy Does Offer Pilates Perth
Perth Yoga and Pilates Classes
Premier Martial Arts and Fitness Academy’s Yoga and Pilates classes are designed to get Perth people in the best shape of their lives! Our Pilates and Yoga classes will rapidly improve your fitness, conditioning, strength, muscle tone, flexibility, posture and balance! This is done through intense classes that always focus on the correct technique in order to help you improve your concentration, physical coordination, balance and increase your body awareness. Premier Academy’s Pilates and Yoga classes are also perfect for stress management and relaxation!
If you would like to experience the benefits of Yoga and Pilates at Premier Academy, we invite you to come in and visit our school for your FREE Introductory lesson. You will have the opportunity to speak with the instructors and meet our friendly, professional staff. Through this free introductory lesson, you will get a first-hand understanding of the excitement, energy, empowerment, and life changing benefits of Yoga and Pilates at our Perth Academy.
Pilates and Yoga Classes in Perth
At Perth’s Premier Academy, our Pilates and Yoga classes are conducted by fully qualified instructors who will not only get your core strong and improve your flexibility, but also teach you the correct techniques for movement, balance, posture, and breathing. Each of our members is treated individually and is pushed to the best of their own ability and potential. You are never compared to anyone else. Our instructors will guide and motivate you to be the best that you can be through our Perth Pilates and Yoga classes!
Premier Academy’s motto is “Fitness with Meaning”! You don’t have to be in shape or fit, there is no prior experience necessary! If you live in Perth’s northern suburbs and would like to experience the excitement and challenge of our Pilates and Yoga classes, we invite you to book a trial session.
Perth Yoga and Pilates
Premier Academy’s Yoga and Pilates classes have many of the same goals and even share some similar exercises. The main goal of Yoga is to unite the mind, body and spirit. This is why Yoga is considered to be a therapeutic activity – it makes your body more flexibility and promotes relaxation even in the most stressful of times. Reducing stress is often one of the main reasons people start taking Yoga classes.
In Premier Academy ‘s Perth Yoga classes, movements are performed on an exercise mat and the weight of the body is used as a resistance for the exercise. This takes a great amount of focus, with the aim to flow in and out of each position in a fluid motion. The movements are not what you would call workout moves; they are more like poses that are designed for different needs and purposes such as strength, flexibility or relaxation.
The major difference between Yoga and Pilates at Perth’s Premier Martial Arts and Fitness Academy is that in addition to floor work, Pilates often utilises different pieces of equipment to target specific muscles. The fundamental principles of Pilates focus on balance, concentration, control, centred awareness, fluid movements, and breath. Pilates enhances core strength that increases flexibility, coordination and spatial awareness.
Many people see the value in Yoga and Pilates – this is why many people training at Perth’s Premier Martial Arts and Fitness Academy choose to incorporate both Yoga and Pilates into their lives.
Frequently Asked Questions About Yoga and Pilates
Yoga is an ancient practice that has become increasingly popular in today’s busy society. With many forms of exercise coming and going, Yoga is one that has stood the test of time, having been around for more than 5,000 years. Yoga brings your body and mind together, and is built on three main elements – exercise, breathing and meditation. The benefits of practicing Yoga at Premier Martial Arts and Fitness Academy go beyond burning calories and toning muscles, with many other physical and mental benefits gained from the total mind-body workout.
The fundamental principles of Pilates focus on balance, concentration, control, centred awareness, fluid movements, and breath. Pilates classes at Premier Martial Arts and Fitness Academy enhance core strength, increasing your flexibility, coordination and spatial awareness. Pilates involves over 500 exercises, which will help you gain muscle strength, improve flexibility, and build a stronger core. These exercises can be performed as a mat class or by using specialized equipment for more resistance. Training in Pilates at Premier Academy engages the whole person, not just the muscles. For everybody from an athlete to a mother, Premier Martial Arts and Fitness Academy’s Pilates classes will develop and enhance stamina, posture, alignment and core strength for elite performance to everyday activities.
The Pilates Method uses specifically designed equipment and floor exercises to promote uniform development of the body. This allows weaker muscles to develop instead of the body continuously relying on the stronger muscles to do the work. Pilates focuses on the core muscles first, specifically stomach, butt and back, in a sense, working the muscles from the inside out. This achieves and maintains a balanced aligned body.
Incorporating Yoga and Pilates into your daily workout routine at Premier Martial Arts and Fitness Academy will not only see you reaping the rewards from the workout itself, but will also complement any other weight, cardio, and/or sport specific training you are doing.
A common saying is “Yoga and Pilates are easy…. until you learn how to do them correctly!” and that is mostly true. Yoga and Pilates practice at Perth’s Premier Academy can be a lot of fun as it involves creativity and imagination. The more focus and energy you put into the work, the harder it becomes, but it becomes more pleasing at the same time. You can choose how much effort you put into your practice, and that will determine the level of challenge. Your Premier Academy instructor will also give you alternative forms of each exercise if you are struggling.
Wear comfortable and supportive clothes, that are form fitting but not restrictive. Avoid zippers and snaps. When lying on your back or stomach or rolling over, a protruding piece is extremely uncomfortable. Avoid clothing that is too loose – a loose shirt can slip right down over your head in the inverted positions! Long hair should be tied up for the same reason. Barefoot is required as we train on fully matted floors at Premier Academy. Bring a clean towel or a Yoga mat to do your floor work on.
- Improved Flexibility – whether your goal is to touch your toes, reduce the tightness in your hamstrings, or to simply feel less stiff, the stretches and poses performed during Yoga and Pilates will help with this. Developing greater strength and flexibility in your muscles will consequently reduce your risk of injury and will allow greater movement in your body to help you perform better physically.
- Improves Posture – Yoga and Pilates exercises help improve bad posture. Posture is an important dimension in staying healthy throughout life. The spine is the central channel of the nervous system, so when your spine is healthy, pathways of the nervous system are strong and clear and vital energy flows more freely.
- Increases Strength -spend a few seconds in a Yoga pose or Pilates exercise and you’ll realise how much strength Yoga and Pilates require. The benefit of building strength through Yoga and Pilates at Premier Martial Arts and Fitness Academy is that you balance it with flexibility.
- Improves Sleep Quality – incorporating Yoga and Pilates into your routine at Premier Martial Arts and Fitness Academy can help promote better sleep. Yoga and Pilates can help you relax and unwind, helping you to fall asleep faster, sleep longer, and feel more rested when you wake up. Yoga and Pilates has also been shown to increase the secretion of melatonin, a hormone that regulates sleep and wakefulness.
- Reduces Stress and Anxiety – regular exercise has a positive influence on mental health and can help reduce feelings of stress, anxiety and depression. Yoga and Pilates classes at Premier Martial Arts and Fitness Academy have been shown to act as self-soothing techniques, and can help to manage stress response systems by reducing the heart rate, lowering blood pressure and easing respiration.
- Improves Concentration and Focus – the practice of Yoga and Pilates requires physical concentration as you learn to bring your focus to your breath as you move through a sequence of poses. Bringing in an awareness of your body and breath is a useful tool that can be used to increase your concentration in your day-to-day activities.
- Improves Cardiovascular Health – Yoga and Pilates poses/exercises rely on holding muscle tension for a short period of time, helping to improve cardiovascular fitness and circulation. This can help to reduce blood pressure and decrease risk factors for heart disease.